Philosophy and Curriculum
● Admissions at Sherwood House of Children will be open from February 2020.
● Enquiries regarding admission can be made by telephone or directly with the school office.
● The academic year begins in April and ends in the last week of March
● The Montessori Primary Program caters to children of age group 2.5 to 6 years.
● The child must be 2.5 years old (as on 1- June-2020) , for being considered for admission to Level-1 Juniors ( Pre-KG ) , of the Montessori Primary Program.
The age group is as below -
● Montessori Level-1 - Age Group 2 .5 to 4 years (Pre-KG)
● Montessori Level-2 - Age Group 3 .5 to 5 years (LKG)
● Montessori Level-3 - Age Group 4 .5 to 6 years (UKG)
● Class-1 - Age Group 5 .5 to 7 years (1st Standard)
● All duly filled in Application Forms along with the required documents should be submitted in-person on or before the specified date.
● On submission of completed application forms, the parents / guardian of shortlisted candidates will be called for a meeting and verification of documents.
● A detailed meeting will be held, to give an awareness on the Montessori system, our approach to education and to answer queries if any.
● Admissions for Seniors - Level-2 ( LKG ) & Super Seniors - Level-3 ( UKG ) and Class-1 will be considered on the basis of seat availability.
● Sherwood Hall School has over 900+ children from Montessori Primary to Class-12 and is affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education (C.B.S.E), New Delhi.
● The Sherwood House is a 3-year Montessori Primary program that consists of the Montessori Juniors, Seniors, and Super Seniors. The children aged 2.5 to 6 years, after completing the 3 year Montessori Primary program move to Class-1 at SHC and subsequently to Class-2 in Sherwood Hall School.
The Montessori Primary Program
Montessori is a method of education that is based on self-directed activity, hands-on learning and collaborative work. In Montessori classrooms, children make creative choices in their learning, while the classroom and the highly trained adult offer age-appropriate activities to guide the process.
The Montessori approach develops the whole child. It provides children with enduring intellectual capabilities, achieved through the framework of social and emotional learning. The Montessori system of education helps children become truly capable and productive individuals by focusing on their moral, behavioural, emotional, and intellectual development.
The Montessori curriculum emphasises learning as a process that cannot be determined by a child's age and instead determined by the rate and speed at which a child can acquire one skill before moving on to another skill.
The Sherwood House of Children strictly follows the principles and practices of the
Montessori Education and we function under the guidance, support, and training by Indian Montessori Centre (IMTC-Chennai).
The Montessori Primary curriculum is broadly divided into 5 areas -
● Exercises of Practical Life
● Sensorial Activities
The key elements of the curriculum are -
● Individual Instruction
● Didactic Materials
● A Specially Prepared Environment
● Mixed Age Group Classes
● The Teacher as a Trained Directress
Our aim is to -
● Provide education as an 'aid to life'.
● Help children develop to their full potential by continually providing a high standard of care and education.
● Develop lively, enquiring minds.
● Create a loving, secure and comfortable environment for them to flourish.
● Shape our future society by nurturing young minds to become responsible global citizens by -
○ Encouraging Independence and Confidence
○ Self-care and Self-reliance
○ Academic and Technological Intelligence and Expertise
○ Care for the Environment
Our infrastructure and environment have been recreated keeping in mind the needs of the children, to give them a cohesive, nurturing, aesthetic and safe environment.
The environment caters to the holistic development and education of children - Montessori (2.5 to 6 years of age) and Class-1 (5.5 to 7 years of age).
● The Montessori Environments are Mixed Age Group classrooms
● Class-1 are Same Age Group classrooms
All SHC Teachers are qualified, trained and experienced adults.
The Montessori Adults guide children through discovery. They are experts in child development, and in guiding children to learn independently and reach their unique potential. Children have the freedom to engage in their own learning experience and the adult is there to support the child throughout this process.
There are 2 trained Montessori adults for each environment. Additionally, we have
Language teachers for Hindi and Tamil and a trained teacher to teach Music and Creative Movement (Dance).
For Admission’s enquiry :
CONTACT SCHOOL OFFICE :
Mrs. Manjula Rajesh : 93617 02150 (DURING SCHOOL WORKING HOURS)